Organizers of the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship:
Premier TEFL – the only provider of online courses
Enterprise Youghal, St. Mary’s College,
Emmet Place, Youghal, Co. Cork,
Republic of Ireland
Angloville – the only provider of a real-life teaching practice (language immersion programs). Term Angloville whenever used in this contract covers:
- Organisers of the language courses for the local participants:
- Angloville Sp. z o. o. SK POLAND
- Angloville Kft. HUNGARY
- Angloville S.R.L. ROMANIA
- Angloville Česká republika a Slovensko, spol. s r.o.
- Foundation ‘Development without Borders’ [Polish: Fundacja ‘Rozwój Bez Granic’]- the legal entity inside Angloville responsible for providing volunteer opportunities with Angloville and organizing volunteers’ stay on the programmes.
Premier TEFL and Angloville have partnered to create the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship. When purchasing this Scholarship, payment in full will be paid to Premier TEFL. Thereon, complete organization of the practical element of this Scholarship (real-life teaching experience) will be handled by Angloville. Angloville has many years’ experience in organizing successful placements. The application process begins once full payment has been made. After that the Angloville representative will be in contact with you within 5 days. When you purchase the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship, you are buying from Premier TEFL, Enterprise Youghal, St. Mary’s College, Emmet Place, Youghal, Co. Cork, Republic of Ireland. The terms and conditions are an agreement between you, the applicant, Premier TEFL, Angloville and its partners and organisations working on their behalf. It is important that you read and understand the terms to which you are agreeing when you accept a place on the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship. This agreement is valid from the 1st of November 2016.
Health & Safety
You fully assume all risks to person and property in connection with your participation in the Activity (a “Teaching Contract”), including, but not limited to, travel delays, property damage and loss, bodily injury, sickness, disease and death. You are in sufficient physical and mental health to participate in the Activity, and do not have any physical or mental conditions which could affect your ability to participate in the Activity. You have or shall have medical insurance coverage appropriate for your participation in the Activity. Premier TEFL and Angloville shall not provide any insurance for you in connection with your participation in the Activity. If you become unwell during your participation in the Activity, the Angloville representatives will do their best to ensure that you receive the appropriate medical attention in line with your travel insurance. We stress that Angloville does not cover any of the medical expenses before, during or after the programmes you participate in.
You shall comply with all applicable laws of any jurisdiction in which you may travel, including drug laws, while participating in the Activity. If your participation in the Activity is at any time deemed detrimental to Angloville, as determined in the sole discretion of Premier TEFL and Angloville, it may be terminated by Angloville without Premier TEFL and Angloville incurring any liability.
You may incur liability to Premier TEFL under this Agreement if you engage in illegal acts abroad, break Contract with Angloville or enter into a Contract in bad faith.
You fully and forever INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, WAIVE AND DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE, Premier TEFL and Angloville, their directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, sponsors, successors and assigns, from and for any and all demands, claims, actions, suits, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, court costs and solicitor’s fees), from any cause whatsoever (including, but not limited to, travel delays, property damage and loss, bodily injuries, sickness, disease and death), whether directly or indirectly arising in connection with your participation in the Premier TEFL recruiting and placement process and the Activity, whether or not foreseeable or contributed to by the negligent acts or omissions of Premier TEFL, Angloville or others.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement, and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements, understandings and negotiations, regarding this subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended by course of conduct or otherwise, and may not be assigned in whole or in part, except in writing duly executed by Premier TEFL, Angloville and you. This agreement is valid from the 1st of November 2016.
Use of Information
Premier TEFL and Angloville have set out these terms and conditions to clarify the relationship between you, the website visitor, Premier TEFL and Angloville. Under no circumstances will we share your information to third parties (unless it is an application to a school/agent), and we will take all necessary precautions to ensure that this information stays within Premier TEFL and Angloville.
Application: Use of Information
When you apply for a position, you authorize Premier TEFL and Angloville to collect personal information, such as name, username, email address, address, work history, academic history and other non-financial personal information to determine your eligibility to teach English abroad (the “Activity”). You authorize Premier TEFL and Angloville to use this information to present you to any potential school (the “Contracting Organization”) and to its preferred agent to attempt to obtain employment.
Your personal information shall be used solely for the purposes described above. Submission of personal information is wholly optional and can be removed from our records by request by emailing Premier TEFL at firstname.lastname@example.org and Angloville at email@example.com
Use of Additional Information
Resumes, covering letters, or pictures sent to Premier TEFL shall be kept private and shall only be used to present you to any potential Contracting Organizations parties.
Resumes or/and covering letters sent to Angloville shall be kept private and shall only be used to present you to any potential Contracting Organizations parties. Pictures sent to Angloville or pictures taken during your participation in the Activity can be used by Angloville for the promotional and marketing activities.
Premier TEFL, in its sole discretion, shall endeavour to help you obtain a contract to participate in the Activity (”Anglo-TEFL Scholarship”). If you receive an offer to participate in the Activity and you accept that offer, you are responsible and liable for obtaining a passport, immigration visa(s) (if necessary) and other personal documentation appropriate for participating in the Activity, as well as arranging or coordinating transportation and accommodations to your satisfaction (when not provided), and paying all costs and expenses related to your participation in the Activity.
Liability and Responsibility
Premier TEFL is not responsible or liable for breach of Contract by either party, nor for any situation, including school closure or bankruptcy of the Contracting Organization that results in the Anglo-TEL Scholarship not being fulfilled. If you are terminated for any reason by Angloville, it is not Premier TEFL’s responsibility to rectify the situation or to find you alternative teaching practice.
Premier TEFL is not and shall not be responsible or liable for your transportation, accommodation or other services or products to be provided by Angloville or any other third party in connection with the Activity, and Premier TEFL is not and shall not be liable for any other acts or omissions of such third parties.
Angloville is not and shall not be responsible or liable for your online TEFL course, your certificates or other online components or products provided by Premier TEFL or any other third party in connection with the TEFL course, and Angloville is not and shall not be liable for any other acts or omissions of such third parties.
Use of Feedback
Any feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like (collectively “Feedback”), shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Premier TEFL and Angloville shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such feedback and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, create derivative works from and distribute the feedback to others without limitation.
Confirmation that you are eligible to enter into these terms.
You confirm that you meet the following requirements:
- Aged 18+ for junior programs and aged 21+ for adult programs
- A native English speaker
- A passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or the United States
- Have completed High School
- Appropriate personal qualities (maturity, flexibility etc.)
- Ability to cope with challenges, good communication skills, cultural sensitivity
- A range of hobbies and interests
- Have good health
- Have no diagnosed mental condition
- A clean police record
- Have a story to tell; we will ask you to tell us a little more about yourself via an application form
- Have an interest in meeting new people and learning about new cultures
- Be ready to complete the required Angloville teaching practice programs in different locations across Central and Eastern Europe
Responsibilities of each party
Premier TEFL provides:
- Information regarding the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship
- 120 hour Advanced TEFL course where applicable
- Liaison with the internship provider (Angloville ) to progress the teaching internship application
- General advice and guidance for Scholarship preparation
- Certification upon completion of Scholarship
- The refundable component of the fee for qualified applicants
- Information regarding the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship and Angloville programs
- 70, 140 or 210 hours of real-life teaching experience (depending on which package you will choose)
- Processing, accepting or rejecting your application. Please note; reasons for rejection may or may not be given.
- Orientation on arrival
- Accommodation in high standard hotels during Angloville programs
- Full board during Angloville programs (three meals a day at the hotel restaurant)
- Free transport to and from the high standard hotel in the countryside
- An opportunity to travel and learn about the cultures of Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Complimentary tours of some of Central and Eastern Europe’s most fascinating cities, such as Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Bucharest, Wroclaw and Krakow (depending on the starting point of your particular program)
- In-country support throughout the duration of the program
- Advising you, and issuing all necessary paperwork for your visa application (please note, the applicant pays for the visa, if applicable)
- A diploma from Angloville
- An amazing experience with a chance to improve your CV and launch your career teaching English
During your stay at the Angloville programs in Eastern Europe you will be hosted by the Foundation ‘Rozwój Bez Granic’ [Development without Borders]. The Foundation is the legal entity inside Angloville responsible for providing volunteer opportunities with Angloville.
Fundacja ‘Rozwój Bez Granic’ [Foundation ‘Development without Borders’]
Ul. Edwarda Heila 9/52
Teaching Practice Dates
Angloville will do their utmost to make sure that your preferred dates and locations for teaching practice are achieved. However, in a very small number of cases it may be necessary to change a placement from your preferred selection and we reserve the right to do so. It’s only recommended that you make your travel arrangements following official confirmation that your placement selection has been confirmed. Angloville and Premier TEFL will not be held responsible for any costs in travel amendments for bookings made prior to placement confirmation.
Anglo-TEFL Scholarship: Candidate
You, the successful applicant, are responsible for:
- Completing all of application forms and requests truthfully and accurately.
- Obtaining your visa (if applicable). Whilst Angloville assist in giving you advice about the correct visa for your travel, it is your responsibility to gain the correct visa for entry to whichever country your program takes place in and any related costs.
- Ensuring you take with you to Eastern Europe all necessary documentation as advised by Angloville.
- Arriving at the designated base city and meeting point on the official arrival date. We suggest that you only book your flights once you have been fully accepted onto the program and have applied for and received your visa (if applicable). We also strongly recommend that you purchase a flexible flight ticket.
- Obtaining relevant travel insurance for the duration of your stay in Eastern Europe. It is important that you are covered for all relevant travel and medical issues (including repatriation to your home country). Any participant without suitable medical insurance may not be able to commence teaching and no compensation would be payable
- Ensuring that you have a valid passport that will remain valid for the duration of your stay, and for 6 months following departure.
- Ensuring that you have taken appropriate medical advice and that you have received all the appropriate inoculations and injections prior to travel.
- Completing TEFL training provided by Premier TEFL within 90 days from the date of application (not from the date of the first logging in).
- Requesting your Anglo-TEFL Scholarship refund (if applicable to your program package) within 21 days of fully completing your TEFL training and teaching practice.
During your time at Angloville you must follow a professional code of conduct. If during any point in your live teaching practice at Angloville it is deemed that your behavior is inappropriate, you will be asked to leave and your TEFL training account access will cease. You will bear the cost of any accommodation, travel or trip curtailment in such an event.
You, the successful applicant, will be responsible for the following costs:
- Anglo-TEFL Scholarship booking fee
- Visa application fee (if applicable)
- Outgoing and return flights
- Any travel between programs
- Travel insurance
- Any vaccines
- All spending money during internship
- Any optional excursions arranged
Cancellation & Refunds
Applications prior to 1st November 2016
A refundable deposit of £50 is required to complete your application for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship, this must be paid for prior in full at time of applying – a £10.00 administration fee is applicable during your recruitment process.
Three-week program package. For applications from 1st November 2016
A refundable deposit of £65 is required to complete your application for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship if you choose the three week program package, this must be paid for prior in full at time of applying – a £15.00 administration fee is applicable during your recruitment process. Candidates are responsible for claiming the £50 refundable element within 21 days of completing* the full Scholarship, after 21 days no refund is possible.
*The Anglo-TEFL Scholarship is completed and you can claim your deposit back when:
- You attended and completed successfully all Angloville programs you were scheduled for
- You completed the online component of the Scholarship: your online TEFL course
Please note, you need to complete both parts: Angloville programs AND online TEFL course
Two week program package. Applications from 1st November 2016
The Anglo-TEFL two week program can be booked for a fee of £99. There is no refundable element to these duration options.
One week program package. Applications from 1st November 2016
The Anglo-TEFL one week program can be booked for a fee of £189. There is no refundable element to these duration options.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship you have purchased, and you have not started any component of the Scholarship, you are entitled to a full refund of fee placed within 14 working days of booking (Distance Selling Act).
- If your application onto the program is rejected by Angloville, then you will receive a full refund. Access to your TEFL training course will be terminated. It is your responsibility to check if you meet the Scholarship requirements.
- If your application onto the Scholarship is officially accepted and you are enrolled in the Angloville programs, however you choose to cancel your place, no refund is available.
- In the unlikely event that a visa application is refused, refund is still available.
- You are also required to comply with all deadlines for documentation to the Angloville team. Delays in either the TEFL course studying, or the production of necessary documentation may result in your program application being void and no refund is possible.
- If you choose to apply for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship while you are volunteering on the Angloville program, you can apply only for the three-week package. You must choose two additional programs. Only then, will the Angloville team count your current program towards your Anglo-TEFL Scholarship and you must to apply join the Scholarship BEFORE the completion of your current week. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us you are a late application.
- You are currently at Angloville and have no additional weeks booked. Apply at www.anglo-tefl.com for the two week program costing £99. Our team will refund you £34 on the following Monday. Your current week will count and you’ll be compliant with the three week Scholarship program. Your total participation cost is £65.
- You are currently at Angloville and have one additional week booked. Apply at www.anglo-tefl.com for the one week program costing £189. Our team will refund you £124 on the following Monday. Your current week will count, plus your pre-scheduled one and you’ll be compliant with the three week Scholarship program. Your total participation cost is £65.
- If you choose to apply for the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship after you finish/complete any of Angloville program/s you can apply for one-week, two-week or three-week package, but your past program/s will not be counted towards your Anglo-TEFL Scholarship.
Angloville manages the application process. The final decision on whether to accept an application rests with the Angloville team, and Premier TEFL cannot influence or change the decision. The decision is final. Angloville operates to the highest standards available locally and comply will all relevant laws of any jurisdiction in which you may travel: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania and other destinations available with Angloville.
All offers of acceptance onto the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship are reliant on the successful applicant being able to produce the correct paperwork prior to travel to Eastern Europe, including but not limited to:
- CV / resume / application form
- Valid passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or the United States
- Your statement that you agree with Angloville Legal Notes (appendix no 1 and no 2)
- Angloville Personal Questionnaire for the Foundation (appendix no 3)
- Angloville Volunteering Agreement for the Foundation (appendix no 4)
By accepting Terms and Conditions of the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship, please be advised that you agreed to all statements included in the above documents: Legal Notes (appendix no 1 and no 2), Volunteering Agreement (appendix no 3) and Personal Questionnaire (appendix no 4). Failure to provide the correct documentation will mean that you may not be able to take part in the Scholarship. Neither Premier TEFL or Angloville will be responsible for any costs you may incur through delayed or non-production of the relevant certificates and documentation.
Anglo-TEFL Scholarships: Trip Arrangements
Angloville will help candidates with visa information, to understand whether they need to obtain one or not. Neither Premier TEFL or Angloville are responsible for any costs you incur as a result of you not being able to obtain the correct visa (if applicable).
Neither Premier TEFL or Angloville will pay any compensation in the event that your internship is cancelled, curtailed or delayed or in any way changed as a result of circumstances that any party could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include, without limitation, war or threat of war, terrorist activity or threats of such activity, riots or civil disturbance, adverse weather conditions etc.
All participants on the Anglo-TEFL Scholarship are responsible for arranging adequate travel and medical insurance to cover this eventuality.
Your time in Central Europe
Angloville is responsible for providing your placement while you are in Eastern Europe, and are responsible for all matters regarding to your teaching including (but not limited to):
- Terms and conditions
- Hours of work
Please note that the precise working conditions and term dates may vary between different locations and different regions in Eastern Europe. All dates are set by our Angloville partner. During your time in Eastern Europe it is important to note you will be subject to local laws, and it is imperative that you comply with these laws. Premier TEFL nor Angloville take any liability should any applicant teacher choose to violate any local laws during their placement, and the placement may be terminated as the result of violation of such laws.
Angloville reserves the right to terminate the placement of the participant should the participant violate any of the work rules and regulations as set by the program itself. In this case both the Angloville and Premier TEFL will have no responsibility for any costs incurred.
Angloville is responsible for the accommodation provided during the applicant’s time in Eastern Europe whilst on the program. This hotel accommodation will be of a quality local standard.
The Anglo-TEFL Scholarship contract
The contract is between you and Angloville.
You will be expected to dress and behave appropriately for work in accordance with the cultural norms in Eastern Europe, which may be very different from those in your home country. Premier TEFL will not be able to help you if your placement is terminated because you refuse to comply with expectations in relation to style of dress, hair or personal adornment.
Accuracy of Marketing Material
We believe that all statements made on the Premier TEFL website and accompanying material supplied by Angloville are factual and correct at the time they are made. Every reasonable effort has been made to describe the program correctly. Premier TEFL or Angloville cannot be held responsible for any changes that become known or happen after the printing of any written materials. Nor can they accept liability for events outside their reasonable control. They will undertake to advise you of any material changes known prior to your departure, providing there is sufficient time to do so and they can contact you. Anglo-TEFL Scholarship: Legal
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your online TEFL course or any other online component provided by Premier TEFL please contact Premier TEFL team at email@example.com. If for any reason you are not satisfied with real-life teaching practice organized by Angloville please contact Angloville’s in-country support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premier TEFL and Angloville will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will aim to resolve the complaint within a maximum of 28 days.
Use of media
Use of photos and comments:
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree that we may use any photo(s)/image(s) we or someone on our behalf takes of you or any comments (written or verbal) you make during or in connection with your participation on the internship for our promotional/marketing purposes without obtaining your further specific permission or making any payment to you. Such use may include mentioning your name, age and town/city/area of residence.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, Premier TEFL and Angloville are data controllers. As any work that you do may involve work with children or vulnerable people, it may be necessary for you to produce a police clearance certificate (or similar background check). This may affect whether or not your application is accepted by Angloville and what records they keep about you.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you acknowledge and agree that Angloville may transfer, store and process your personal data and sensitive personal data as contemplated by this agreement interpretation in a dispute.
This agreement and any claim or dispute arising from or related to this agreement, will be governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with Irish law and shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising out of it.
Acceptance of terms and conditions: By purchasing an Anglo-TEFL Scholarship, it means you have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions covering the internship and are fully aware that the contract in Eastern Europe will be with Angloville. You understand that neither Premier TEFL or Angloville, nor any other company in its group will have any liability to you in respect of any breach or repudiation of the contract.